First, thank you, I've been searching for the employment multiplier figures, and I stumbled upon them in your article.
I agree we need to heavily invest in green jobs; however, massive debt will lead to hyper-inflation, and completely destroy the economy.
Instead we need to use a counterintuitive approach. Raise taxes and cut spending. Also we need to create wage inflation by reducing the workforce. Here's my proposal.
1. Double the gas tax and raise $38 billion per year for green jobs.
2. Lower the retirement age to 58 with full benefits to lower unemployment and increase wages.
3. Cut the military budget by $100 billion, by ending the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and invest $50 billion in green jobs.
4. Cut the prison population in half, give them green job skills, and invest the $20 billion in green jobs.
5. Legalize our 12 million undocumented workers; this will increase wages, and revenue for the government.
Obama proposes to invest $15 billion per year, which is not nearly enough to have an impact. My plan raises over $100 billion per year at no cost to the treasury.
It is no coincidence that the environment and the economy are collapsing at the same time. Neither Keynes nor Friedman will solve our current crisis.
San Francisco, CA
Nov 8 2008 - 9:30pm