The Nation is seeking a Development Coordinator to provide vital assistance to our fundraising team. The Development Coordinator will report to the Associate Publisher, Development to execute our digital fundraising program, including email campaigns, email cultivation, digital ads, paid search/social, and event marketing.
They will work with the Associate Publisher to create copy and creative for the various digital channels, and track digital performance stats. They will maintain and update landing pages and donation forms, as well as the legacy, leadership, and fundraising mini-sites. The Development Coordinator will also assist with special events and provide administrative assistance to the team as needed.
- At least 2 years of fundraising experience
- Must possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability work independently and prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some knowledge and experience using donor databases (Every Action or equivalent) and email marketing platforms (Sailthru or equivalent) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Nonprofit Management or a related field is preferred
- Commitment to The Nation’s mission and interest in progressive politics
- Work with Associate Publisher to develop and execute email fundraising campaigns, including developing campaign strategies, testing and segmentation, drafting copy and designing creative, and ensuring deployment on a timely schedule.
- Draft and execute donor newsletter, along and cultivation to keep donors appraised of our work and journalism.
- Develop and execute paid search and paid social media campaigns.
- Maintain all digital collateral, including banner ads, light boxes, and touts.
- Maintain landing pages/donation forms and fundraising mini sites, update pages and develop new forms as needed.
- Ensure donor databases and email records are updated and accurate.
- Ensure sustaining donors are accurately tracked and develop strategies to grow monthly donors and upgrade existing donors.
- Maintain monthly reporting on email and digital performance.
- Manage the events calendar and provide technical assistance for online events, and provide assistance during in-person events.
- Manage event marketing calendar and deploy event marketing across all digital channels.
Benefits: The Nation offers excellent benefits, including generous health care, HRA/FSA coverage, retirement match, vacation policies, and paid sick days.
Applicants: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Development Coordinator application.”
The Nation Co. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, and strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender nonconforming to apply.
This position is covered by the collective-bargaining agreement between The Nation and The NewsGuild of N.Y., CWA Local 31003, AFL-CIO.
Founded in 1865 by abolitionists, The Nation today is a thriving progressive media outlet that publishes both a bi-weekly print magazine and a daily website covering politics, culture, and the arts. We are seeking a full-time Website Manager to work with our New York office.
The Website Manager’s primary role is to manage, maintain, and monitor all aspects of the website by working closely with staff and our outside development team to ensure that the site is meeting the needs of our readers. Advanced knowledge of WordPress is essential, and communication and project management skills are also paramount for this position.
Responsibilities would include:
Maintaining compliance with all laws and regulations.
Ensuring the domain registration and hosting are up to date.
Monitoring traffic and security to make sure the site is running efficiently.
Ensuring that site is meeting the varied needs of each department as well as viewers and subscribers by keeping clear lines of communication open.
Tracking problems and their fixes, developing custom pages with our Travel, Marketing, Fundraising, Circulation, and Editorial teams.
Working closely with our Advertising department to facilitate data analysis and monitoring advertising implementation on the site.
Working with third-party vendors to keep the site compatible with their technology.
Expert knowledge of SEO, Google Ad Manager, Piano, and WordPress required.
Base Salary: $70k
Applicants: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The Nation offers excellent benefits, including generous health care, retirement match, and vacation policies. The Nation Co. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, and strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender nonconforming to apply. This position is covered by the collective-bargaining agreement between The Nation and The NewsGuild of N.Y., CWA Local 31003, AFL-CIO.