Associate Publisher, Circulation and Business Development
The Associate Publisher of Circulation and Development is a key member of the Consumer Marketing team—responsible for strategic planning, development and execution of marketing efforts that support the mission and expand the voice, community and revenue of The Nation magazine and ancillary products.
- Develop strategic direction for subscription and other consumer marketing programs. Work with team to implement them.
- Determine appropriate KPIs and manage to them.
- Understand emerging media channels and position or develop products appropriately.
- Serve as an expert and brand ambassador.
- Develop budgets to support strategy and be accountable for budget goals.
- Manage team and help develop employee skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 10 years of direct marketing experience in publishing.
- Expert knowledge of all paid media and marketing platforms.
- Experience building and executing content marketing partnerships.
- Experienced in the digital space and with emerging channels of sale.
- Able to make data-driven decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, including both written & verbal skills.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. No calls please.
The Nation Co. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
The Victor S. Navasky Internship Program
For more than three decades, The Nation Institute, in conjunction with The Nation magazine, has provided an internship program for early-career journalists. For more information about the Victor S. Navasky Internship Program, click here.