Founded in 1865 by abolitionists, The Nation today is a thriving progressive media outlet that publishes both a bi-weekly print magazine and a daily website covering politics, culture, and the arts. We are seeking a full-time Website Manager to work with our New York office. Our deadline for applications is May 27.
The Website Manager’s primary role is to manage, maintain, and monitor all aspects of the website by working closely with staff and our outside development team to ensure that the site is meeting the needs of our readers. Advanced knowledge of WordPress is essential, and communication and project management skills are also paramount for this position.
Responsibilities would include:
Maintaining compliance with all laws and regulations.
Ensuring the domain registration and hosting are up to date.
Monitoring traffic and security to make sure the site is running efficiently.
Ensuring that site is meeting the varied needs of each department as well as viewers and subscribers by keeping clear lines of communication open.
Tracking problems and their fixes, developing custom pages with our Travel, Marketing, Fundraising, Circulation, and Editorial teams.
Working closely with our Advertising department to facilitate data analysis and monitoring advertising implementation on the site.
Working with third-party vendors to keep the site compatible with their technology.
Expert knowledge of SEO, Google Ad Manager, Piano, and WordPress required.
Base Salary: $70k
Applicants: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The Nation offers excellent benefits, including generous health care, retirement match, and vacation policies. The Nation Co. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, and strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender nonconforming to apply. This position is covered by the collective-bargaining agreement between The Nation and The NewsGuild of N.Y., CWA Local 31003, AFL-CIO.
Status: Part Time
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training and professional licensure
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Payroll Administration
- Implements new hire orientation
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity occupational health and safety;
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Human Resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
- At this time, the position is virtual and requires audio and video conferencing.
- At some point, this position will be required to return to the office.
The Nation offers excellent benefits, including generous health care. The Nation Co. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, and strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender nonconforming to apply.
Resumes should be sent to [email protected]