Looks like neither ploy Beyerstein suggests will fly. There's clearly too many vulnerable Democratic Congressional seats for the current occupants to risk their political hides by standing on "principle" (as redefined in this incredibly bad bill by the likes of Pelosi and Reid ). Barring any last-minute defections by Senate Republicans (a most unlikely scenario), self-preservation will surely win out among the large number of Democrats required to fall on their electoral swords in order to pass yet another version of so-called "healthcare reform" any time soon.
And of course, timing's everything here. The longer the taxpaying electorate has to scrutinize the details/consequences of this bill (such as the recent $60 billion tax exemption Dems generously granted union members (13 percent of the working class) at the expense of the remaining 87 percent of American workers who'll be forced to pay a 40 percent excise taxes on so-called Cadillac healthcare plans... and the list goes on), the more pissed-off voters will become.
Back to the drawing board, folks !
Bowling Green, OH
Jan 22 2010 - 11:11pm