The Vietnam War left an indelible imprint on both the land and people of this small Southeast Asian country. While reminders of the war endure in various forms, the indomitable spirit of the Vietnamese people and the country’s strategic position have helped transform it into an economically and geopolitically important nation on the modern world stage. Join us on a new 11-night immersive experience that provides a true inside look at this fascinating and complex country.
- Participate in a pre-departure discussion with longtime Nation contributor George Black about Vietnam’s history and politics.
- Attend numerous exclusive meetings and discussions with fascinating individuals including artists, historians, media and literary figures, a former Việt Cộng soldier, former American GIs, staff from the Vietnam Association for Victims of Agent Orange, and many more.
- See iconic sites such as China Beach, the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, and the site of the rooftop evacuation made famous during the fall of Saigon.
- Visit the demilitarized zone (DMZ) and meet with members of an emergency response team that detonate unexploded munitions, which are still regularly found in the area, and villagers who have made these discoveries.
- Discover the magic of Huế, a former capital under 13 emperors of the Nguyen dynasty whose palaces and shrines evoke images of its former glory.
- Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, a delightfully chaotic mix of hidden alleyways, charming architecture, and lively markets.
- Explore Hạ Long Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage site featuring karst islands and crystalline waters, on a customized post-tour extension.
These are just a few of the many highlights of this extraordinary program. See the complete itinerary to fully appreciate our rich and comprehensive tour.
This all-inclusive trip costs $6,599/$7,725 per person plus $320 for internal airfare (double/single occupancy) and includes hotel accommodations for 11 nights, all transportation within Vietnam, all tours, all lectures, a welcome cocktail party, most meals, and numerous other curated events and activities.
100% of the proceeds from our travel programs support The Nation’s journalism.