Online Advertising Sales Manager
The Nation (TheNation.com), America's leading progressive print and online magazine, seeks an Online Advertising Sales Manager. Position will have responsibility for developing new business and growing online advertising revenues on multiple platforms through all phases of the advertising sales process, including direct-to-client and top agency contacts; and includes opportunities to sell magazine print pages to select clients and in packages. Manager should provide informed, market-driven direction to the organization in shaping its online sales initiatives to meet and exceed aggressive revenue targets.
Candidate must be an entrepreneurial self-starter with a proven ability to cold-call, develop relationships and close sales. The ability to function at both sales and strategic levels (productizing, marketing, industry research, etc.) is key. Candidate should be digital-centric and have a strong understanding of DFP, site analytics and emerging media trends related to mobile, tablet and native advertising. A history of creating innovative, sellable digital products and of selling opinion leader/advocacy/corporate image advertising are major advantages. A broad understanding of the political landscape and identification with The Nation's progressive politics are essential. Position reports to Head of Sales.
- Reach and exceed online advertising revenue targets for TheNation.com
- Develop and implement online sales strategy
- Provide efficient, timely, high-quality responses to RFPs
- Arrange meetings with agencies and clients, provide expert knowledge of online product offerings, and deliver innovative solutions including customized products to meet advertiser needs
- Sell integrated (multiple platform) sales campaigns that may include print, e-mail, social media, mobile and live event sponsorships
- Develop, implement and monitor sales pipeline and report regularly to supervisor
- Stay current and active in the online market by attending industry events and networking opportunities
- Develop tailored and generic sales proposals, presentations and reports to management and clients, and sales collateral materials and messaging to the advertising market
- Assist management in establishing budgets and manage expenses
- Work with clients and production team to deliver campaigns that optimize results; emphasis on revenue maximization and client retention through effective inventory and campaign management
- Minimum of four years of advertising sales experience
- Proven success in selling within the online advertising space
- Existing contacts in the industry among digital advertising decision makers
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; must communicate Excellent negotiation, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed and a passion for sales
- Confident personality, good at networking, with a collaborative approach
Position works out of The Nation's New York City offices, a congenial workplace offering a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits. The Nation is an equal opportunity employer. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Send résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Freelance Copywriters Wanted
The Nation magazine, a weekly liberal journal of politics and culture (and 24/7 website: www.thenation.com), is looking for experienced, passionate, and progressive freelance copywriters with successful track records in fundraising for unique causes. Our 40+ year old small donor program, formerly The Nation Associates and now known as Nation Builders, consists of the 20%+ of our subscribers who donate money above and beyond the cost of their subscriptions to support our journalism and to further the advancement of progressive values. We're looking for writers who can help us introduce the program to new Nation readers (and deepen the engagement of current donors) through activist-oriented copy that captures the importance of our reporting and the necessity of supporting independent media. Proven record in producing successful direct mail, email, print/web ads, and social media campaigns essential. If you are a talented fundraiser-copywriter and a passionate progressive looking to work on a project-to-project basis at affordable rates, please contact us, with samples of your work, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freelance Graphic Designers Wanted
The Nation magazine, a weekly liberal journal of politics and culture (and 24/7 website: www.thenation.com) is seeking talented FREELANCE graphic designers to bring our fundraising and marketing copy to life. We're looking for people who share our progressive values and have experience in print and digital design, specifically direct mail, email, web ads, and newsletters with a fundraising focus. We seek artists with a clear, functional aesthetic who can employ our new palette, logo, and design elements consistently to introduce our Nation Builders donor program to print and digital readers and generate successful fundraising and marketing appeals. If you are a freelance graphic designer with affordable rates and a passion for progressive politics who is looking to make a difference please contact us, with portfolio samples, at email@example.com.