Circulation/Audience Development Manager
The Nation, a prestigious subscription-driven publication that will celebrate its 150th anniversary in 2015, seeks a self-directed, experienced circulation manager to handle all facets of marketing and fulfillment of our weekly print magazine and associated digital products.
As a senior level manager, you will report to the associate publisher and work to increase subscription acquisitions through all marketing channels (primarily direct mail but also including TV, web, email, inserts, telemarketing, etc), You will supervise the fulfillment manager in creating print orders, billing & renewal management, master scheduling, management reports, and as The Nation's liaison w/ fulfillment services, printer, newsstand distributor, subscription agents, USPS and other outside vendors. Hands-on experience working with the major fulfillment service bureaus is required.
This is a full-time exempt position working out of our downtown NYC offices; some telecommuting will be considered for the right candidate.
We're looking for an entrepreneurial, personable, and creative thinker with a proven track record in circulation and audience development. A demonstrated interest in progressive politics and culture helpful. We seek an accomplished marketer able to connect our timely mission with a passionate audience to build a subscriber base truly committed to public-minded, independent journalism.
Candidate must have 5+ years of successful circulation and audience development experience in offline and online subscription marketing and management.
- Management of subscription campaigns across all acquisition channels - digital, print and other media.
- Supervision of Fulfillment Manager and all fulfillment functions
- Work with Associate Publisher to organize annual budgeting and reforecasting; monthly revenue and expense reviews
- Create and maintain best-practices in subscription marketing and digital user experience
- Collaborate with other departments (business and editorial) to ensure continuity of messaging/mission
- Work with Associate Publisher and outside writers and designer to create compelling circulation materials and follow-up materials as needed
- Help Fulfillment Manager ensure excellent customer service and end user experience for all Nation subscribers on every platform
- Other related duties as assigned
- Commitment to and passion for The Nation's mission and for progressive politics is helpful
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate
- Requires exceptional communication skills (verbal and written). Effectively communicate to both internal and external business and editorial stakeholders
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize
- Highly detail-oriented, energetic, and organized
- Immersed in the circulation and audience development community and on top of industry trends, challenges and opportunities
- 7+ years of successful magazine circulation and audience development management, including print and online titles
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Knowledge of and experience working with major fulfillment service bureaus
Please submit a cover letter and resume no later than October 31, 2014 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nation Co. LP is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
No phone calls, recruiters or postal mail please.