Advertising Sales Manager
The Nation, America’s leading progressive print and online journal, seeks an Advertising Sales Manager (www.thenation.com). Position will have responsibility for growing print and web advertising revenues and end-to-end responsibility for all phases of the advertising sales process, including direct-to-client and top agency contacts. Manager should develop proactive, innovative and market-driven ad sales initiatives and consistently produce revenue to meet and exceed aggressive targets.
- Reach and exceed advertising revenue targets for The Nation and thenation.com.
- Assist in development and implementation of ad strategy.
- Provide timely, high quality responses to RFPs.
- Help create customized ad products in response to advertiser demand.
- Assist in establishing budgets.
- Attend regular meetings with agencies & marketers to provide expert knowledge of our print and online product offerings and deliver innovative solutions.
- Develop, utilize and monitor sales pipeline and report regularly to supervisor.
- Stay current and active in the evolving advertising market by regularly attending industry events, conferences & networking opportunities.
- Create high-quality sales proposals and collateral materials as needed.
- Work with clients and production team to deliver campaigns that optimize results. Emphasis on revenue maximization and client retention through effective inventory and campaign management.
- Minimum of 4 years of sales experience.
- Must have demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships through strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven success in selling within the print and digital advertising space with established knowledge of and relationships with advertising decision makers.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Must be successful at communicating effectively with all levels of management and with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills a must.
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed.
- Confident personality, good at networking, with a collaborative approach.
- Knowledge of and affinity for progressive community and progressive values.
Position works out of The Nation‘s New York City offices. Congenial workplace offering competitive salary and excellent benefits. The Nation Co. LP is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or postal mail please.
The Victor S. Navasky Internship Program
For more than three decades, The Nation Institute, in conjunction with The Nation magazine, has provided an internship program for early-career journalists. For more information about the Victor S. Navasky Internship Program, click here.