It’s a time of change in Cuba. Join The Nation from March 25 to April 1, 2017, as we experience the people, politics, culture, and history of the island during this pivotal period in the country’s history, as it comes to terms with life after Fidel Castro and looks toward a new era and an uncertain new relationship with Washington.
During our time there, we will immerse ourselves in the beauty and energy of Havana, spending our days meeting with prominent Cuban professors, government officials, physicians, community activists, farmers, urban planners, journalists, and artists. Our evenings will be filled with exclusive concerts by renowned musicians, private showings at artists’ studios, and performances by students of Cuba’s internationally acclaimed dance institutes. We’ll tour museums with eminent art historians, wander through the markets of Old Havana, experience the scenic beauty of Pinar del Río Province and the Viñales Valley (a UNESCO World Heritage site), and savor traditional Cuban food and spirits at the island’s finest restaurants and organic farms.
The all-inclusive cost of this weeklong tour is $5,855 per person with double occupancy ($400 single supplement) This includes round-trip airfare from Florida to Havana; six nights at the four-star Hotel NH Capri La Habana; one evening at a private guesthouse in Viñales, Pinar del Río Province; airport transfers; health and evacuation insurance; Cuban visas; all ground transportation within Cuba; guided tours, seminars, and lectures; entrance to Cuba’s preeminent museums and attractions; several private music concerts; dance performances; most meals (including libations); and other captivating activities and events.
To register, complete the registration form and submit to The Nation with your deposit included by e-mail, fax, or mail.
Mail: The Nation, Attn: Kelsea Norris
520 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10018
Fax: 212-982-9000, Attn: Kelsea Norris
- Settle into the Hotel NH Capri La Habana, located in the pulsating Vedado district with nearby jazz clubs and bohemian cafés. Take a walking tour of Old Havana.
- Meet with Peter Kornbluh, The Nation’s longtime Cuba correspondent and one of your hosts on the trip. Peter traveled with President Obama last year to Cuba to cover his historic visit for The Nation.
- Discuss Cuban foreign policy and the post–Fidel Castro future with Carlos Alzugaray Treto, former Cuban diplomat and an expert on US-Cuba relations.
- Enjoy the beautiful Viñales Valley, and lunch at a bucolic private organic farm overlooking the limestone mountains.
- Visit the Latin American Medical School, where Cuba trains doctors from all over the world.
- Enjoy private music, dance performances, and engaging lectures at venues throughout Havana.
- AND much more!
100% of the proceeds from our travel programs support The Nation’s journalism.