As I’ve done for more than ten weeks, I will be updating news and views on all things WikiLeaks all day, with new items added at the top. All times are ET in USA. You can contact me at email@example.com, Read about or order my new book, The Age of WikiLeaks, just updated, in print or as e-book.
UPDATE: Go here for the Thursday edition of this blog.
11:05 Andy Greenberg’s blog at Forbes back up, see link below for the day’s wild charges and counter-charges. Now go watch the Arcade Fire NYC concert back up at YouTube in entirety. Yeah, I can taste the fear.
9:20 Andy Greenberg’s blog is still (mysteriously) down, see below for background and earlier back-and-forth today, but good guy Raffi Khatchadourian has sent along the Domscheit-Berg reply to WikiLeaks response, as posted by Andy there:
* WikiLeaks has not taken legal action. I have received a letter from German attorney Johannes Eisenberg representing Julian that does not mention any law or regulation I have implicated, violated or whatever. It is a mere statement, written in the worst German I ever read, and it is not even spelling my name correctly. I would recommend everyone to watch the BBC Panorama show on WikiLeaks, that is related to that letter.
* I have never sabotaged WikiLeaks, including its primary submission system.
* The overhaul of the system is needed because the owner and developer of that system has decided to no longer allow WikiLeaks to use it, due to the lack of trust in Julian and the way he is leading this organisation, and Julian behaving irresponsibly with source material.
* I never had access to that primary submission system, its code, received submissions or whatever. There was a clear separation of duties.
* I have never claimed to be a programmer, director, founder or architect. I was a spokesperson for the project, not the spokesperson, and have never claimed otherwise. You can check international media that I have handled if you feel my role was restricted to Germany only.
* I hold two degrees in computer science and worked for around 6 years as a network security engineer. Do you need copies of the degrees?
* I have never claimed to have had an email address before 2008. I recommend everyone to read the story about Kristinn’s official mail account in my book. It seriously is hilarious.
* I acted as an editor as much as I have an understanding of what an editors role is.