Who are the 1 percent? As the participants of the Occupy Movement voice the grievances of the 99% and protest against economic inequality, the 1 percent are comfortably hiding in their glass-walled office buildings, their seclusive mansions, or on national TV, on glossy magazine covers and even right in front of you. Now it is time to put a face on the 1 percent and you are the ones who will dig them up for all of us.

Brave New Foundation asks the public to nominate the worse of the 1 percent. The Foundation has laid out the criteria for the nominees: (1) they have to be in the wealthiest 1%, meaning a net worth of over $9 million, and (2) they have to be using their wealth and power to keep down the other 99%. 

Visit the Who Are the 1 Percent website for more information on the project. 

Jin Zhao