Whitelist The Nation in Your Email Program
If you currently use an anti-spam program or service, we ask that you take just a minute or two to add The Nation Magazine to your "safe" or permitted email sender list. This usually involves simply adding our sending address (From:firstname.lastname@example.org) or our domain name (thenation.com) to your whitelist, safelist, or list of privileged senders. This is commonly known as whitelisting. Please refer to the following whitelisting instructions to whitelist The Nation Magazine, depending on the email program you use:
Add The Nation's From address, email@example.com, to your Safe Senders list:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail.
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
- In the Add address, put firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click OK.
Please add our "From address", email@example.com, to your AOL address book:
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the "Address Book" window to pop up, then click the Add button.
- Wait for the "Address Card for New Contact" window to load.
- Paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the "Other E-Mail" field.
- Make our From address the "Primary E-Mail" address by checking the associated check box.
- Click the Save button.
If our email is in your AOL Spam Folder, please open it and then click the "This Is Not Spam" button. Next, add email@example.com into your Address Book as described above.
You will need to set up a filter to redirect our email into your inbox:
- Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right hand corner).
- Select Filters (bottom left corner).
- Click the Add link on the Filters page.
- Update the "From header:" rule with the following 2 pieces of information: "contains" and firstname.lastname@example.org. (This tells Yahoo to identify our email based on its From address.
- Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select inbox.
- Pick the Add Filter button.
If our email is getting stuck in your Yahoo Bulk Folder, please open the issue and click the "Not Spam" button. Next, check to see if the emailr's email address is in your "Blocked Addresses" list. If you see email@example.com on this list, select it and click the "Remove Block" button. Lastly, please set up a filter as outlined above.
You will need to add our From address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link (top of page).
- Select the “Safe List” link (2nd from bottom).
- Copy and paste email@example.com into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain”.
- Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.
If our email is in your Junk E-Mail Folder, open it and click the "Not Junk" button. Next, check to see if our email address is in your Blocked Senders list. If you see firstname.lastname@example.org on this list, select it and click the Remove button. Finally, if you have not done so, add email@example.com into your Safe List as outlined above.
Please add our From address firstname.lastname@example.org, to your Gmail Contacts List:
- Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click Add Contact.
- Copy and paste our From address, email@example.com into the primary email address dialog box.
- Click Save.
How to check if our email is in the "spam" folder:
- Click Spam along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Check mark the box next to our email.
- Click Not Spam button along the top.
You will need to add our From address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to white list your address book.
- Click the Address Book button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
- Under the Contact tab, copy and paste our “From” address, email@example.com into the Email dialog box.
- Click OK.
White list your Personal Address Book:
- From the main drop down menu, select "Tools -< Junk Mail Controls..."
- This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
- Under the Settings tab, update the "White Lists" module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu and then check mark the box next to "Do not mark messages as junk mail".
- Click OK.
Please check your Junk folder to see if our emails have been mistakenly placed there. To prevent this from happening in the future, you need to markthe email as not junk. Do this by right-clicking on the email and choose "Mark -< As Not Junk".