NATION CRUISE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING.
June 1, 2012
1. Eligibility: The Nation Cruise Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding its territories and possessions) and Washington D.C. who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry ("Entrant"(s)). Void in Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and where prohibited. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Nation Company L.P. ("TNC" or "Sponsor"). Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, and any parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), together with the immediate family members and those living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. Eligible Entrants who are under the legal age of majority in their state or province of primary residence ("Minor") must get their parent or legal guardian's permission to participate in the Sweepstakes. A Minor Entrant may be required to provide parental consent and accompaniment on the cruise in a form satisfactory to the Sponsor before he or she can be declared a Winner and any Prize can be awarded.
The Sweepstakes allow Entrants to enter a random drawing on Sponsor's website at http://www.nationcruise.com (the "Site") and at http://www.thenation.com/cruiseraffle (the "Entry Page") for a chance at winning a cruise for two on the Nation Cruise from December 9-16, 2012, as better described below ("Prize"). The ARV is $1,770 per person with a total ARV for the Prize of $3,540. THE ODDS OF WINNING THE PRIZES DEPENDS ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes shall begin at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on June 9th, 2012 and shall end at 11:59 p.m. EST on October 1st, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period").
3. How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes you, the Entrant, must (a) submit an entry by filling out the required information, including an email address, on the Site or Entry Page with valid and current information ("Entry"). Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Sponsor' computer shall be the official clock for all purposes of this Sweepstakes. Any attempt to submit an Entry other than as described herein is void.
ONLY ONE ENTRY IS PERMITTED PER PERSON DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD.
4. Winning: A random drawing to determine the Prize winner of the Sweepstakes (the "Winner") shall be conducted by the Sponsor on October 15th, 2012.
THE ODDS OF WINNING THE PRIZE DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
5. Notifications: The Winner will be notified within 10 days of the drawing. The Winner will be contacted via email (as provided during Entry) to confirm eligibility and compliance with these Rules. The Winner may also be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, "Prize Claim Documents"). As part of the Prize Claim Documents, a Winner who is a Minor at the time of his/her Entry may be required to (1) provide parental consent and (2) provide proof that his/her parent or guardian shall accompany him/her on the cruise in a form satisfactory to the Sponsor before he or she can be declared a Winner and the Prize can be awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify anyone who does not fully comply with these Rules or meets the participation criteria. The Winner must respond and submit all Prize Claim Documents within five (5) days from the day Sponsor sends out the notice as provided herein.
The failure to respond timely, to the notifications and the failure to provide the Prize Claim Documents will result in forfeiture of the Prize and, in such case, the Sponsor may, but is not required to, declare an alternate Winner. An alternate Winner will be chosen based on another random drawing. If the Prize is unclaimed or is forfeited by the Winner, the Prize may or may not be re-awarded, in Sponsor' sole discretion.
6. Prize: The Prize consists of a free cruise for two, the Winner and a guest of his/her choice, aboard the Nation Cruise from December 9-16, 2012. Airfare is excluded. The Winner and his/her guest shall travel on the same itinerary and board in a single stateroom for two. The stateroom shall consist of a Category D, Large Ocean View Cabin (or as assigned by Sponsor) with double occupancy. The ARV is $1,770 per person or a total ARV of $3,450. THE ODDS OF WINNING THE PRIZE DEPENDS ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
The Prize is inclusive of the cruise (including all group seminars, social events and amenities), all meals, port charges, fuel surcharges, government taxes and necessary gratuities. Shore excursions, alcoholic beverages, alternative dining options and personal items are additional.
All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of the Prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the Prize (including without limitation airfare or other transportation to or from port of departure, ground transfers, shore excursions, hotel service charges, personal onboard expenses, or applicable passport, visa and entry/exit fees) are the responsibility of the Winner.
Except as otherwise provided in these Rules, the Winner may not assign or transfer the Prize to another person. No prize substitution is allowed except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or any portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in their sole discretion. If a Prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded.
The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-negotiable for cash, may not be resold, and cannot be used as partial payment toward a different cruise or stateroom category other than that assigned.
The Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize he/she receive. Expenses not stated are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The value of the Prize awarded to the Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the Prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the Winner, for the actual value of the Prize received. Other restrictions may apply.
7. Rights of Sponsor: Sponsor, shall have the right, at its sole and absolute discretion to refuse any Entry whatsoever made by Entrants which it finds to be in violation of these Rules, does not fully comply with all of Sponsor' and/or these Rules' requirements in connection with any and all legal clearance issues, or which it finds in its sole discretion to be otherwise objectionable for any reason. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to terminate the Sweepstakes for any reason in the event that there is an error, problem, fraud or cause that impacts the operation, administration or security of the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated by Sponsor as provided above, Sponsor may refrain from selecting a Winner or in the alternate may select a Winner from all eligible Entrants received prior to the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Reservation of Right to Modify: Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify, alter or terminate the Sweepstakes if any federal or state law, rule or regulation, or any judicial decision or Attorney General Opinion, or any change in the current enforcement policy affects the legality of the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage the Sweepstakes, the Site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent of the law.
8. General Terms And Conditions: By participating, each Entrant agrees that the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, email, SMS/MMS, postage-due notices, release forms, affidavits or other correspondence; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any printing, human, typographical or other errors or ambiguities in (or involving) any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; (v) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; (vi) acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from; and (vii) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole determination, to be tampering with the entry process or the operations of the Sweepstakes; to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operations of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices; to be acting in violation of these Rules; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor may suspend or discontinue the Sweepstakes if, in their sole opinion, there is any actual or suspected tampering of the Sweepstakes, or any other malfunction, event or activity that may affect the integrity of the Sweepstakes. SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE OBLIGATED TO AWARD A PRIZE THAT RELATES TO OR ARISES OUT OF IMPROPER OR MISTAKEN PRIZE NOTIFICATION, OPERATION OR FUNCTION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND 3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Sweepstakes Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Sponsor' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes are final.
11. Rules/Winners List: For a copy of these Rules or the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Winner Cruise Raffle/Official Rules
c/o The Nation Company L.P. 33 Irving Place, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10003
All requests must be received by November 15, 2012.