Nation Topics - Youth
News and Features
What is poverty? One volunteer's perspective shows us it's all relative. A finalist in The Nation's Student Writing Contest 2009.
Can the Republican Party survive without the enthusiasm of its young supporters?
Going abroad is no longer just a school-time pleasure cruise. It's an employment opportunity.
A struggling young journalist is forced to take up a job on the side delivering pizza, but with tips dwindling, he wonders if it's really worth it.
The looming presence of debt collectors makes high school an even harder.
After fifteen years as a production manager, one man is now forced to haul trash out of abandoned public housing. Instead of panicking, he is turning the crisis into an opportunity to do good.
The recession has been a rite of passage for Generation Y, who are now more than prepared for the struggles of adulthood.
There is no better way to teach someone the value of a dollar or about financial responsibility than a recession.
Everything's a gamble. The American Dream is about waiting to get lucky now.
The Nation asked leading youth organizers to suggest specific ways the Obama administration could help them mobilize the most diverse and socially progressive generation.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box