News and Features
The AUMF has legitimized expanded presidential war-making.
How the discovery of police archives has altered the memory of political atrocities in Guatemala.
Khirbet Khizeh is a study in ambiguity of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.
An interview with Jeffrey Sachs on the 2015 Paris negotiations, sustainable development and the profound threat facing our planet.
The verdict by twelve New York City jurors may have wounded the PA and the PLO, but it cannot slow the drive for Palestinian rights.
How Washington gave itself a global get-out-of-jail-free card.
Benjamin Netanyahu’s new campaign ad rewrites history.
From new “silk roads” to 40,000 miles of high-speed rail, China is poised to dominate the global economy in the twenty-first century.
Missed American Sniper? That’s okay—you’ve probably already seen it.
Syriza and its allies responded to crisis in a way no one could have imagined. Will it work?
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.