News and Features
In 2003, Bush and friends dreamed up a jihadi Iraq with deep ties to al-Qaeda. Now, their convenient nightmare is becoming a deadly reality.
American military involvement would inflame, not ease, Iraq’s sectarian divisions.
Former president Bush is to blame for the present crisis in Iraq—along with decades of murder, lies and imperial aggression.
On Bowe Bergdahl and conscientious objection.
Why does the belief that women are safest when secluded still hold sway in India?
Eric Lomax was captured and tortured by the Japanese during World War II. Forty years later, he tracked down the man responsible.
Since 9/11, power-hungry political leaders have eviscerated the First Amendment—and we’ve allowed them to do it.
President Michelle Bachelet’s reforms look good on paper—so why are tens of thousands of students taking to the streets to protest them?
The presidential run-off this weekend and talks with the FARC are obscuring horrific violence in places like Buenaventura—and US multinationals are deeply implicated.
An Air Force veteran explains how we all got drafted into the American national security state.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box