News and Features
Those dedicated to the Palestinian cause should think carefully about the tactics they choose.
Our government has always justified its worst abuses of power—here and abroad—on the basis of “national security.”
The regime has repeatedly carried out artillery and air attacks on city centers, creating a humanitarian catastrophe—which is all but ignored by the US political-media establishment.
We haven’t heard the last of the generation that made revolution in Egypt and across the Middle East.
Since 9/11, the government has ceaselessly violated our constitutional rights—none more so than the right to privacy.
Washington always imagines it can control combustible situations abroad. It can’t. And it won’t.
The conviction of three Al Jazeera journalists yesterday underscored the hypocrisy of US support for Egypt’s General Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi.
Once again, the media fails to address the issue underlying much of the violence in Iraq—control over its most precious resource.
“Of course we are proud to be in the fight. Kirkuk is our city.”
In 2003, Bush and friends dreamed up a jihadi Iraq with deep ties to al-Qaeda. Now, their convenient nightmare is becoming a deadly reality.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box