News and Features
Instead of confronting the truth, we scrubbed the record clean—and we’re still paying for it in Afghanistan and Iraq today.
An opinion piece in Nature calling for geoengineering tests fails to mention the most significant problem with these experiments.
There’s only one problem with the rising crescendo of alarm about lone wolves: most of it simply isn’t true.
This Oscar-nominated doc is all about well-meaning Americans—with nothing about the indiscriminate US firepower that destroyed much of the country.
An interview with Mohamedou Ould Slahi’s attorney and his editor.
He was an old-school monarch who made America feel good about itself again.
Why sending weapons to Ukraine is a reckless idea.
Today, Albert Camus is still alive but changed, thanks to the art of David Oelhoffen and Kamel Daoud.
Sometimes, serving your country means standing up against it.
Who is responsible for the 5.2 million civilians trapped in Donbass?
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- How the Senate Armed Services Committee Is Undermining Minsk II
- Stephen Cohen: We’re Living Through a Geopolitical Transition
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’