News and Features
Behind nearly every “foiled terror plot” lurks a government informant sent to entrap hapless young Muslim men.
My dad, Dr. Sami Al-Arian, was arrested by the FBI on trumped up charges, sending a chill through the local Muslim community. Yet we found support from unlikely allies.
Liberals raised a ruckus over Bush’s abuses. Let’s hold this president to the same standard.
Under the guise of counterterrorism measures, the US continues to intervene in an ongoing ethnic civil war in Yemen.
The dramatic opening of the 9/11 trial shined a light on all the ways in which a commission is not a federal court.
Selections from The Nation's archives illuminate the ten years after the attacks of September 11, 2001, and the way the US response has damaged more than it has healed.
In the aftermath of that terrible day, we had a chance to build our politics around social solidarity. Instead, George W. Bush led the charge to a politics of fear.
In the wake of 9/11, we have summoned up imaginary demons to spare ourselves from facing the all-too-real burdens of our time.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
- Paul Ryan’s Faux Populism Isn’t Going to End Poverty or Reduce Inequality
- Why Is a Nice Network Like MSNBC Silencing Protest Over Pro-Israeli Coverage?
Facebook Like Box