News and Features
While Peter King’s hearings on Muslim “radicalization” were controversial, they draw on a long history of US policy that has demonized Islam, under Republicans and Democrats alike.
“Captured in Somalia in 2003, Suleiman Abdallah was one of the ‘disappeared’ prisoners of the ‘war on terror.’ When I finally found him years later, he was a broken man.”
Revelations about Obama's drone assassinations led to official outrage—against the leakers. It's the policy that warrants investigation.
Behind nearly every “foiled terror plot” lurks a government informant sent to entrap hapless young Muslim men.
My dad, Dr. Sami Al-Arian, was arrested by the FBI on trumped up charges, sending a chill through the local Muslim community. Yet we found support from unlikely allies.
Liberals raised a ruckus over Bush’s abuses. Let’s hold this president to the same standard.
Under the guise of counterterrorism measures, the US continues to intervene in an ongoing ethnic civil war in Yemen.
The dramatic opening of the 9/11 trial shined a light on all the ways in which a commission is not a federal court.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- How Mitch McConnell Is Bending Every Last Campaign Finance Rule
Facebook Like Box