News and Features
The White House evidently believes it can kill us in secret and never own up to the fact.
Even if we like President Obama, do we want him to be a one-man death panel?
A new Open Society Foundations report details just how far down the river we've sold this country's democratic values in our overreaching response to terror.
A new report shows that a central element of the Bush administration response to 9/11 was itself to spread terror—on a global scale.
How the work of a literary critic became the proxy for our preoccupation with the horrors of torture.
The CFR report concludes that “the current trajectory of US drone strike policies is unsustainable."
As Zero Dark Thirty reminds us, Americans have yet to face the torture committed on our behalf.
Regardless of who wins on November 6, there are no signs that either Romney or Obama will act to dismantle the lawless military commissions created after 9/11.
The US empire is a lesson in how not to change a changing world.
Fear of a cyber attack is eroding US civil liberties and the constitution.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box