News and Features
Since the dawn of air power, supporters have advanced fantasies that, again and again, have failed to pan out—while civilians die in often staggering numbers.
Our self-righteous country has a history of justifying conflicts that were based on lies.
A new report by civil liberties groups reveals self-censorship and decreased participation in community groups as a result of police hounding.
Is there any benefit to be found in an unbroken record of waste, futility and shame? Only if lessons learned prevent a catastrophe in Iran.
Ignore the jingoism, from politicians and the press—the tenth anniversary marks a tenth year from hell.
Expanding Washington’s military footprint in North Africa may be well intended, but it could be destabilizing and lead to blowback.
The White House evidently believes it can kill us in secret and never own up to the fact.
Even if we like President Obama, do we want him to be a one-man death panel?
A new Open Society Foundations report details just how far down the river we've sold this country's democratic values in our overreaching response to terror.
A new report shows that a central element of the Bush administration response to 9/11 was itself to spread terror—on a global scale.
- How Scott Walker Built a Career Sending Wisconsin Inmates to Private Prisons
- What Bill O’Reilly Really Did in El Salvador Was Worse Than Lying
- This Is Why Scott Walker Is Not Presidential Material
- Stephen Cohen: A ‘High Noon’ Moment for Ukraine
- There’s Only One Thing That Could Actually Get Bill O’Reilly in Trouble, and It’s Not Lying
Facebook Like Box