News and Features
Travel agents booking international flights may have to issue a new
warning to their customers: Changing planes in the United States could
be hazardous to your health.
One reason the Bush Administration gave for going to war in Iraq was
Saddam Hussein's alleged ties to terrorists.
Shortly after 9/11, the government received an extraordinary gift of
hundreds of files on Al Qaeda, crucial data on the activities of radical
Islamist cells throughout the Middle East and Europ
Bush's war has internationalized internal conflicts on the
The White House said, although it wasn't true,
Iraq must be invaded, PDQ,
Since terrorists, who'd caught us unaware,
Were with Iraq, and always gathered there.
Through the corporate media's electronic collage of murders, sex
scandals, celebrity sightings and Pentagon-generated fantasy can be
heard a constant buzz--"war, terror, security"--but who know
Click here to read more from Naomi Klein.
Sleep tight. There's no one making much ado.
So sleep this night, Big O--in peace, sleep through it.
The folks you bombed now never mention you.
This article is an expanded version of Stephen F. Cohen's commentary in the May 5 issue.
In the name of fighting terrorism, the Army has established a domestic command.
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
- The GOP’s Completely Incoherent Stance on the Border Crisis
- The Senate Judiciary Committee Just Backed an Amendment to Overturn ‘Citizens United’
Facebook Like Box