News and Features
When it comes to the Pentagon’s new spending budget, the answer is not more money.
There’s only one problem with the rising crescendo of alarm about lone wolves: most of it simply isn’t true.
An interview with Mohamedou Ould Slahi’s attorney and his editor.
How never-ending war became—and will stay—the new normal.
In the wake of the Paris attacks, moral idiots play their predictable roles.
The sad irony of terrorism is that it sparks a backlash against the very groups it seeks to champion.
Here’s why the “War on Terror” is not your battle.
Why does the Pakistani military pick unwinnable fights?
Life in the Sinai is now defined by curfews, checkpoints, house raids and arbitrary arrests.
As the UN Committee Against Torture meets in Geneva, Murat Kurnaz urges justice for those detained and tortured at Guantánamo.
- Ted Cruz Is Practically President Already
- Duke University Coach Mike Krzyzewski Is a Profile in Cowardice
- Even Indiana Republicans Are Telling Mike Pence His Discrimination Law Is Wrong
- Indiana Just Sentenced a Woman Convicted of Feticide to Twenty Years in Prison
- Trevor Noah’s Tweets Are Awful and Sexist. Don’t Fire Him for Them.