Nation Topics - War and Peace
Arms and Spending Proliferation Biological and Chemical Weapons Blackwater Civilian Casualties Covert Ops Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing Nuclear Arms and Proliferation Terrorism Targeting the US US Intelligence US Military US Wars and Military Action US Weapons Sales Abroad War on Terrorism War Profiteering
News and Features
Why can’t Washington get the message?
The appearance of Palestinian defeat is an optical illusion—one that hides the probability of eventual Israeli defeat.
Obama was once a strong voice for nuclear abolition. What happened?
US nuclear policy is undermining our safety and national security.
Renditions, an underground prison and a new CIA base are elements of an intensifying US war, according to a Nation investigation in Mogadishu.
Why does the Pakistani military pick unwinnable fights?
Memorials across the world pay tribute to “fallen soldiers,” but virtually none exist for those who fought for peace.
For the last six years, one Palestinian family has found itself trapped in a cycle of destruction and reconstruction due to the Israeli military.
Life in the Sinai is now defined by curfews, checkpoints, house raids and arbitrary arrests.
His resignation has to be seen against the growing war fever in Washington—which is now reflected in White House policy.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.