Nation Topics - War and Peace
Arms and Spending Proliferation Biological and Chemical Weapons Blackwater Civilian Casualties Covert Ops Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing Nuclear Arms and Proliferation Terrorism Targeting the US US Intelligence US Military US Wars and Military Action US Weapons Sales Abroad War on Terrorism War Profiteering
News and Features
The modern national security state can be understood as a proselytizing warrior religion, complete with its own sacred texts, holy orders and warrior priests.
The Pentagon’s JROTC program canvasses public high schools for future soldiers.
Americans have been living in the shadow of war for at least a decade, but there’s remarkably little evidence of it in our art.
It's like Hollywood without the happy ending.
Colonel Manners (ret.) answers your questions.
In the wake of 9/11, prosecutors have embraced “special administrative measures” to keep terrorism suspects guilty until proven otherwise.
Hamid Karzai is right: it compromises Afghan sovereignty and ensures ten more years of US occupation.
How the war changed Charlie.
My safety 'tis of thee; sweet land of security.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Thomas Piketty and Millennial Marxists on the Scourge of Inequality
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- What the French E-mail Meme Reveals About America’s Runaway Culture of Work
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
Facebook Like Box