Nation Topics - War and Peace
Arms and Spending Proliferation Biological and Chemical Weapons Blackwater Civilian Casualties Covert Ops Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing Nuclear Arms and Proliferation Terrorism Targeting the US US Intelligence US Military US Wars and Military Action US Weapons Sales Abroad War on Terrorism War Profiteering
News and Features
The crisis shows no signs of ending, and Egypt is no refuge. Europe must do more to take them in.
It would lead to more killing and end the last remnants of cooperation between Washington and Moscow.
Bush and Cheney claimed torture was the only option. These soldiers, agents and nurses proved them wrong.
Instead of confronting the truth, we scrubbed the record clean—and we’re still paying for it in Afghanistan and Iraq today.
There’s only one problem with the rising crescendo of alarm about lone wolves: most of it simply isn’t true.
This Oscar-nominated doc is all about well-meaning Americans—with nothing about the indiscriminate US firepower that destroyed much of the country.
An interview with Mohamedou Ould Slahi’s attorney and his editor.
Sometimes, serving your country means standing up against it.
How never-ending war became—and will stay—the new normal.
The historic US nuclear testing site is taking its case for disarmament to the International Court of Justice.
- Ted Cruz Is Practically President Already
- Duke University Coach Mike Krzyzewski Is a Profile in Cowardice
- Even Indiana Republicans Are Telling Mike Pence His Discrimination Law Is Wrong
- Indiana Just Sentenced a Woman Convicted of Feticide to Twenty Years in Prison
- Trevor Noah’s Tweets Are Awful and Sexist. Don’t Fire Him for Them.