Nation Topics - War and Peace
Arms and Spending Proliferation Biological and Chemical Weapons Blackwater Civilian Casualties Covert Ops Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing Nuclear Arms and Proliferation Terrorism Targeting the US US Intelligence US Military US Wars and Military Action US Weapons Sales Abroad War on Terrorism War Profiteering
News and Features
The fight between terrorism and tourism in Algeria’s Atlas Mountains.
In the new politics of Afghanistan, the Obama administration finds itself being reduced to the status of bystander.
When it comes to the Pentagon’s new spending budget, the answer is not more money.
It’s too easy to condemn the right’s populist attacks on Muslims—especially with so many left-wing atheists and liberal hawks joining the party.
A new kind of governance is being born right before our eyes. Stop pretending it’s not happening.
And other myths of American patriotism.
Through a half-century of foreign policy hardball, there’s a line I’ve never crossed.
For the daughter of two radical pacifists, antiwar advocacy runs in the family.
These well-dressed Washington think-tankers love nothing more than an invasion.
With growing food, fuel and power shortages, civilians struggle to survive in a country torn apart by warring militias.
- Ted Cruz Is Practically President Already
- Duke University Coach Mike Krzyzewski Is a Profile in Cowardice
- Even Indiana Republicans Are Telling Mike Pence His Discrimination Law Is Wrong
- Indiana Just Sentenced a Woman Convicted of Feticide to Twenty Years in Prison
- Trevor Noah’s Tweets Are Awful and Sexist. Don’t Fire Him for Them.