Nation Topics - Wages and Hours
News and Features
What if we really worked 9:00 to 5:00?
Inside the movement that’s pushing to make a living wage a reality in Seattle.
What happens when a computer sets your schedule?
The conservative businessman and activist talks to The Nation about his unlikely support for raising the minimum wage, his views on immigration and more.
Paul claims that increasing the minimum wage leads to higher unemployment; actual economists disagree.
Since 2005, Amazon has helped create one of the most exploited workforces no one has ever seen.
Soon we’ll all be stuck with the unjust working conditions that immigrants face: contingent jobs, with lousy pay and few or no benefits.
As minimum wage battles flare around the country, the nation’s capital leads the way with a significant increase.
My life as a temp in California’s Inland Empire, the belly of the online shopping beast.
The country must find the political will to end this national disgrace.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- White Noise, Black Politics
Facebook Like Box