Nation Topics - Wages and Hours
News and Features
Ohio Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur visited the tobacco fields of North Carolina. What she saw there should concern all Americans.
Since June, San Diego and Los Angeles have passed a trio of minimum wage increases. Which city will be next?
Taxpayers are basically moneylenders to a government that is far more interested in subsidizing business than in caring for their workers.
The federal government can easily afford a job guarantee program, becoming our employer of last resort.
What if we really worked 9 to 5?
Inside the movement that’s pushing to make a living wage a reality in Seattle.
What happens when a computer sets your schedule?
The conservative businessman and activist talks to The Nation about his unlikely support for raising the minimum wage, his views on immigration and more.
Paul claims that increasing the minimum wage leads to higher unemployment; actual economists disagree.
Since 2005, Amazon has helped create one of the most exploited workforces no one has ever seen.
- The Supreme Court That Made It Easier to Buy Elections Just Made It Harder for People to Vote in Them
- How to Destroy a Public-School System
- What’s Wrong With the Radical Critique of the People’s Climate March
- Why Hong Kong’s ‘Occupy Central’ Movement Has Beijing Very, Very Scared
- Are Gaza Protests Coming to the NBA Preseason?
Facebook Like Box