Nation Topics - Wages and Hours
News and Features
Ohio Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur visited the tobacco fields of North Carolina. What she saw there should concern all Americans.
Since June, San Diego and Los Angeles have passed a trio of minimum wage increases. Which city will be next?
Taxpayers are basically moneylenders to a government that is far more interested in subsidizing business than in caring for their workers.
The federal government can easily afford a job guarantee program, becoming our employer of last resort.
What if we really worked 9 to 5?
Inside the movement that’s pushing to make a living wage a reality in Seattle.
What happens when a computer sets your schedule?
The conservative businessman and activist talks to The Nation about his unlikely support for raising the minimum wage, his views on immigration and more.
Paul claims that increasing the minimum wage leads to higher unemployment; actual economists disagree.
Since 2005, Amazon has helped create one of the most exploited workforces no one has ever seen.
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
Facebook Like Box