Nation Topics - Wages and Hours
News and Features
Taxpayers are basically moneylenders to a government that is far more interested in subsidizing business than in caring for their workers.
The federal government can easily afford a job guarantee program, becoming our employer of last resort.
What if we really worked 9 to 5?
Inside the movement that’s pushing to make a living wage a reality in Seattle.
What happens when a computer sets your schedule?
The conservative businessman and activist talks to The Nation about his unlikely support for raising the minimum wage, his views on immigration and more.
Paul claims that increasing the minimum wage leads to higher unemployment; actual economists disagree.
Since 2005, Amazon has helped create one of the most exploited workforces no one has ever seen.
Soon we’ll all be stuck with the unjust working conditions that immigrants face: contingent jobs, with lousy pay and few or no benefits.
As minimum wage battles flare around the country, the nation’s capital leads the way with a significant increase.
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- The 12 Scariest Findings in the New Report on the Bundy Ranch Standoff
- No Water For Motown: Why Detroit Is Denying Its Citizens This Basic Human Right
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- North Carolina Will Determine the Future of the Voting Rights Act
Facebook Like Box