Nation Topics - Wages and Hours
News and Features
Since June, San Diego and Los Angeles have passed a trio of minimum wage increases. Which city will be next?
Taxpayers are basically moneylenders to a government that is far more interested in subsidizing business than in caring for their workers.
The federal government can easily afford a job guarantee program, becoming our employer of last resort.
What if we really worked 9 to 5?
Inside the movement that’s pushing to make a living wage a reality in Seattle.
What happens when a computer sets your schedule?
The conservative businessman and activist talks to The Nation about his unlikely support for raising the minimum wage, his views on immigration and more.
Paul claims that increasing the minimum wage leads to higher unemployment; actual economists disagree.
Since 2005, Amazon has helped create one of the most exploited workforces no one has ever seen.
Soon we’ll all be stuck with the unjust working conditions that immigrants face: contingent jobs, with lousy pay and few or no benefits.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
- Paul Ryan’s Faux Populism Isn’t Going to End Poverty or Reduce Inequality
- Why Is a Nice Network Like MSNBC Silencing Protest Over Pro-Israeli Coverage?
Facebook Like Box