Nation Topics - Voting
News and Features
Section 5 is as necessary today as it was in 1965, when Alabama state troopers beat freedom marchers in Selma.
“Money Out, Voting In” should become labor’s mantra.
A spinoff of the King Street Patriots Texas Tea Party, True the Vote aims to have 1 million poll watchers in place by November.
Watch Nation editor and publisher Katrina vanden Heuvel on The Colbert Report, refudiating the hype surrounding the GOP's midterm sweep.
Tea Party Activists, the state GOP and Americans for Prosperity are mounting a full-scale assault against unsubstantiated 'voter fraud.'
Nadine Padilla organized for Obama in Native American communities. Now she's passing her skills on to others.
The Democrats fail to stop a draconian gun amendment from being attached to an otherwise worthwhile bill backing representation for DC citizens.
It's clear that efforts to protect voters rights are working this time--in Virginia, Florida and Ohio.
This election has seen an outpouring of political participation on walls, abandoned buildings, scaffolding and subway trains nationwide.
More than two dozen polling places are reported close to a standstill as record numbers of voters cast ballots in this crucial swing state.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- White Noise, Black Politics
Facebook Like Box