Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
The talk of war has done its job.
Rove's hopes were far exceeded.
So maybe, with the voting done,
The war itself's not needed.
Do we have an antiwar movement? We're getting there.
They say that war is hell, and Chris Hedges shows us how and why.
Hedges's War Is a Force That Gives Us Meaning painfully and
profoundly illustrates how violent conflict destroys those i
This is the text of the speech given by the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson Sr., at the anti-war rally in Washington, DC, on Saturday, October 26.
Cartoonist Jules Feiffer dropped a pinpoint protest on First Lady
Laura Bush's National Book Festival on October 12 in Washington.
As the United Nations Security Council neared approval of a resolution
on Iraq, it appeared that Council resistance was giving way to rising US
The house organ for America's political class is pushing Bush's case for war.
Coming as it did in the final weeks of a precarious re-election
campaign, incumbent German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder's resolute
"No" to German participation in any US-led war on Iraq was
Like most New Yorkers, like most Americans, the attacks of September 11
made me very angry.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box