Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
Resentment of US policies is growing.
One big problem with liberal and leftist debate about Al Qaeda or Iraq
is that it rarely seems to have much to do with Al Qaeda or Iraq.
Robert Bly, with David Ray, founded American Writers Against the
Vietnam War in 1967; it sponsored many rallies and readings against the
war. He is preparing a similar group to do readings against the Iraq
Unions are edging into the peace movement, but they are still minor
Iraq's decision to accept the United Nations Security Council
resolution, passed unanimously on November 8, sets in motion a tightly
scripted plan for UN arms inspectors to return to Iraq.
The talk of war has done its job.
Rove's hopes were far exceeded.
So maybe, with the voting done,
The war itself's not needed.
Do we have an antiwar movement? We're getting there.
They say that war is hell, and Chris Hedges shows us how and why.
Hedges's War Is a Force That Gives Us Meaning painfully and
profoundly illustrates how violent conflict destroys those i
This is the text of the speech given by the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson Sr., at the anti-war rally in Washington, DC, on Saturday, October 26.
- How America Became a Third World Country
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- Rahm Emanuel's Zombie Pigs vs. Chicago's Angry Birds
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth