Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
Here The Nation presents a few of the works posted on "Poets Against the War," (www.poetsagainstthewar.org), the website set up by Sam Hamill, poet and editor, when he called for poems and statements against war in Iraq.
Among the few hundred thousand people who took to the streets of New York on February 15 to protest an invasion of Iraq were the current group of Nation interns.
Even before the crucial February 14 meeting of the Security Council
(after this issue went to press), a significant milestone was reached in
the form of the proposal by France, Germany and Russ
A clever new wave of feminist antiwar activism manages to avoid old clichés.
Resigned to war, even government opponents say they'll fight their attackers.
Officers are raising serious questions about manpower, morale and
War for the wrong reasons will delegitimize the instrument itself.
The revival of nuclear danger means we have already lost, whatever happens later.
There is a smoking gun.
All social movements need an "outside" strategy and an "inside"
strategy. The growing number of people participating in rallies and
marches in opposition to President George W.
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
- The GOP’s Completely Incoherent Stance on the Border Crisis
- The Senate Judiciary Committee Just Backed an Amendment to Overturn ‘Citizens United’
Facebook Like Box