Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
What we lost in Iraq and Washington between 2009 and 2012.
The mutual resentment between the Afghan people and the US military has broken out in the open.
Why Afghan history is a sobering antidote to the relentless optimism of the American military.
How US (in)actions have all but ensured a failed end to its presence in Afghanistan.
How drone war became the American way of war.
From liberation to assassination, in three quick rounds.
How US counterterrorism operations ignited an Islamist uprising.
American decline, from a historical perspective.
The Pentagon’s Afghan basing plans for prisons, drones and black ops.
With the invention of drones, we crossed into a new frontier: killing that’s risk-free, remote, and detached from human cues.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- How Mitch McConnell Is Bending Every Last Campaign Finance Rule
Facebook Like Box