Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
How drones, special operations forces and the US Navy plan to end national sovereignty as we know it.
The Obama administration's alternatives to large-scale military operations are, in some ways, far more drastic and dangerous for US interests around the globe.
Bradley Manning, Washington and the blood of civilians.
What seventy downed drones reveal about the new American way of war.
With Obama's signing of the National Defense Authorization Act, the prison becomes a permanent fixture.
What a busted robot airplane tells us about American empire in 2012 and beyond.
American politicians try not to talk about it, but it's been apparent to the Pakistani security complex for some time: the Afghan Taliban cannot be militarily defeated.
Our rulers thought we could be panicked into a permanent state of war. They underestimated our consciousness and commitment.
Iraqis overwhelmingly support the end of the US occupation. But they still suffer from the divisions it engendered.
It was an ignominious end to America's worst foreign policy disaster since the Vietnam War, and the costs, for both Iraq and the United States, will be felt for some time.
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
- The GOP’s Completely Incoherent Stance on the Border Crisis
- The Senate Judiciary Committee Just Backed an Amendment to Overturn ‘Citizens United’
Facebook Like Box