Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
American military involvement would inflame, not ease, Iraq’s sectarian divisions.
On Bowe Bergdahl and conscientious objection
In fifty years of nearly nonstop American warfare, we’ve learned little and achieved less.
A new graphic novel documents the intense legal wranglings inside one of the most important trials of the Internet age.
Driven by the idée fixe that the world was rigidly divided into terrorist and non-terrorist camps, Washington allied with Afghan warlords and strongmen.
The Pentagon’s whitewashed history of the Vietnam War provokes troubling questions about how the invasion of Iraq will one day be remembered.
The deployment of US Special Operations forces is a growing form of overseas power projection.
That’s over 60 percent of the nations on the planet.
Hamid Karzai is right: it compromises Afghan sovereignty and ensures ten more years of US occupation.
Here’s the cost of American-style war.
- Ted Cruz Is Practically President Already
- Duke University Coach Mike Krzyzewski Is a Profile in Cowardice
- Even Indiana Republicans Are Telling Mike Pence His Discrimination Law Is Wrong
- Indiana Just Sentenced a Woman Convicted of Feticide to Twenty Years in Prison
- Trevor Noah’s Tweets Are Awful and Sexist. Don’t Fire Him for Them.