Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
With the killing of Awlaki, the president of the United States became judge, jury and executioner for American citizens.
Our self-righteous country has a history of justifying conflicts that were based on lies.
Is there any benefit to be found in an unbroken record of waste, futility and shame? Only if lessons learned prevent a catastrophe in Iran.
As the US withdrawal looms, women’s rights advocates plan to carry on their fierce, lonely fight.
How a CIA torture network was turned into the only gulag-free zone on earth.
Chuck Hagel is no leftist. But he has stood up to AIPAC, the defense industry and the neocons.
In his new book Kill Anything That Moves, Nick Turse shows that what were often presented as isolated atrocities were in fact the norm.
Rarely has the McCarthyite smear of “anti-Semitism” been revealed to be so empty as in the case of Obama’s DoD nominee.
When we will begin to learn the real lessons of Vietnam?
Peace forces could join with labor, civil rights and environmental coalitions to pressure Obama to “do some nation-building here at home.”
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- White Noise, Black Politics
Facebook Like Box