Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
If we don’t act now, constitutional restraints on presidential warmaking will be eviscerated.
The calls for escalating military action against Islamic State (IS) ignore thirteen years of evidence that US intervention usually accomplishes the opposite of what Washington intends.
Why you should expect more bombs to be dropped everywhere.
President Obama must seek authorization for any further military action from both the UN Security Council and Congress.
To reject the “Long War” doctrine, the American left first has to understand it.
Sixty-nine years ago today, the United States dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Hiroshima, beginning a countdown toward the inglorious end of our species.
After 9/11, the US invented a new kind of borderless, pre-emptive warfare, plunging the world into an endless cycle of violence.
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- Why the US-Cuba Deal Really Is a Victory for the Cuban Revolution
- Did Barack Obama Just Win Florida for the 2016 Democratic Nominee?
- How Bad Can Marco Rubio and Congress Muck Up the Cuba Shift?
Facebook Like Box