Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
Four months into Iraq War 3.0, the cracks are showing—on the battlefield and in Washington.
Escalation is now a structural fact embedded in the war in the Middle East and the Ebola crisis here at home.
Countering Ebola will require a whole new set of protections and priorities, which should emerge from the medical and public health communities—not the national security state.
The Pakistani teenager shot by the Taliban has rightly captured the world’s attention. But what about the invisible child victims of US drones?
While the Obama administration used cancer metaphors to sell a war, it ignored the spread of a real disease.
The terror-mongers are at it again, but dangers to the “homeland” are vanishingly small.
The crisis in Iraq and Syria demands a political solution. Here are the key diplomatic steps needed to get there.
Talking heads like former General Jack Keane are all over the news media fanning fears of IS. Shouldn’t the public know about their links to Pentagon contractors?
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.