Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
Four reasons why Pfc. Bradley Manning deserves the Presidential Medal of Freedom, not a prison cell.
In Obama's Afghanistan speech, signs of the Great American Unraveling.
The Constitution alone cannot keep the US from fighting wars it shouldn't be involved in—like the one in Libya.
Nearly ten years have passed since Washington set out to redeem the Greater Middle East. In the pursuit of its saving mission, the American messiah has pretty much worn itself out.
Nine common terms associated with our present wars that probably don’t mean what you think they mean.
The Obama administration has come up with a remarkable justification for going to war against Libya without the required Congressional approval.
Politicians are finally catching up with the American people by questioning our continued involvement in Afghanistan.
President Obama is about to make a major decision regarding US troops in Afghanistan. Progressives must push him to pull out of the quagmire and reinvest at home.
At the highest levels, what’s civilian and what’s military are increasingly difficult to tell apart as the two spheres blur and blend.
There is ferocious repression across the Middle East. Why are the UN's sights trained only on Libya?
- Ted Cruz Is Practically President Already
- Duke University Coach Mike Krzyzewski Is a Profile in Cowardice
- Even Indiana Republicans Are Telling Mike Pence His Discrimination Law Is Wrong
- Indiana Just Sentenced a Woman Convicted of Feticide to Twenty Years in Prison
- Trevor Noah’s Tweets Are Awful and Sexist. Don’t Fire Him for Them.