Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
With the invention of drones, we crossed into a new frontier: killing that’s risk-free, remote, and detached from human cues.
How drones, special operations forces and the US Navy plan to end national sovereignty as we know it.
The Obama administration's alternatives to large-scale military operations are, in some ways, far more drastic and dangerous for US interests around the globe.
Bradley Manning, Washington and the blood of civilians.
What seventy downed drones reveal about the new American way of war.
With Obama's signing of the National Defense Authorization Act, the prison becomes a permanent fixture.
What a busted robot airplane tells us about American empire in 2012 and beyond.
American politicians try not to talk about it, but it's been apparent to the Pakistani security complex for some time: the Afghan Taliban cannot be militarily defeated.
Our rulers thought we could be panicked into a permanent state of war. They underestimated our consciousness and commitment.
Iraqis overwhelmingly support the end of the US occupation. But they still suffer from the divisions it engendered.
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- Walmart’s Pregnancy Policy May Make You Sick
- The Cops Hate Being Filmed. So Why Are They OK With Body Cameras?
- How to Survive a Cop Coup: What Bill de Blasio Can Learn From Ecuador
Facebook Like Box