Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
In fifty years of nearly nonstop American warfare, we’ve learned little and achieved less.
A new graphic novel documents the intense legal wranglings inside one of the most important trials of the Internet age.
Driven by the idée fixe that the world was rigidly divided into terrorist and non-terrorist camps, Washington allied with Afghan warlords and strongmen.
The Pentagon’s whitewashed history of the Vietnam War provokes troubling questions about how the invasion of Iraq will one day be remembered.
The deployment of US Special Operations forces is a growing form of overseas power projection.
That’s over 60 percent of the nations on the planet.
Hamid Karzai is right: it compromises Afghan sovereignty and ensures ten more years of US occupation.
Here’s the cost of American-style war.
How the war on pot has fueled SWAT raids and paramilitary policing.
With drone strikes and kill lists, the president set a dangerous precedent.
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
Facebook Like Box