Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
Hamid Karzai is right: it compromises Afghan sovereignty and ensures ten more years of US occupation.
Here’s the cost of American-style war.
How the war on pot has fueled SWAT raids and paramilitary policing.
With drone strikes and kill lists, the president set a dangerous precedent.
The New York Times and Washington Post are both guilty of attacking this timeless straw man.
Behold the coming era of tiny wars and micro-conflicts.
War! What is it good for? Profit and power.
Twelve years in Afghanistan down the memory hole.
An in-depth look at the civilian toll of America’s longest war.
A key to The Nation's interactive database.
- The Coming ‘Instant Planetary Emergency’
- The Progressive Honor Roll of 2013
- Jonathan Ferrell, Former Football Player, Killed by Police After Seeking Help Following Car Wreck
- Why Is ‘The New Republic’ Taking Money From an NSA Contractor to Run Defenses of the NSA?
- De Blasio Takes Agenda National—Because He Has To