Nation Topics - US Wars and Military Action
News and Features
Ahmed Rashid’s gloomy, essential account of the divisive US-Pakistan alliance.
How three US citizens were killed by their own government in the space of one month in 2011.
With the killing of Awlaki, the president of the United States became judge, jury and executioner for American citizens.
Our self-righteous country has a history of justifying conflicts that were based on lies.
Is there any benefit to be found in an unbroken record of waste, futility and shame? Only if lessons learned prevent a catastrophe in Iran.
As the US withdrawal looms, women’s rights advocates plan to carry on their fierce, lonely fight.
How a CIA torture network was turned into the only gulag-free zone on earth.
Chuck Hagel is no leftist. But he has stood up to AIPAC, the defense industry and the neocons.
In his new book Kill Anything That Moves, Nick Turse shows that what were often presented as isolated atrocities were in fact the norm.
Rarely has the McCarthyite smear of “anti-Semitism” been revealed to be so empty as in the case of Obama’s DoD nominee.
- How America Became a Third World Country
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth
- Hundreds of Non-Union Workers With Taxpayer-Supported Jobs Plan to Strike Today