Nation Topics - US Military
News and Features
For a foreign occupying force to create a unified and effective army from a disunified and disaffected populace was (and remains) a fool’s errand.
There’s a frightening enthusiasm for war among pundits—and now the public seems ready to go along too.
Is the conflict in South Sudan the opening salvo in the battle for a continent?
On Bowe Bergdahl and conscientious objection
Eric Lomax was captured and tortured by the Japanese during World War II. Forty years later, he tracked down the man responsible.
An Air Force veteran explains how we all got drafted into the American national security state.
Despite all evidence to the contrary, many Americans continue to believe that brutality, torture and rank illegality is the road to national safety.
Since 2002, veterans have been committing murder individually and in groups, killing family, friends, strangers and—in appalling numbers—themselves.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box