Nation Topics - US Military
News and Features
Lieutenant Dan Choi joins The Nation to discuss his recent arrest and how restricting protest is just another way to suppress freedom of speech.
Three decades after we first decided to use Osama bin Laden and other imported Muslim zealots for our Cold War purposes, we feel cleansed by his death of any responsibility for his carnage.
Iraq War veteran Ethan McCord tells the story of the WikiLeaks "Collateral Murder" footage and how the incident made him certain that the US had no place fighting in the country.
Economic crisis, deficit mania and war weariness have created political momentum for big cuts to military spending.
“The gift that keeps on giving” should have been the headline on the Pentagon’s decision to award the Boeing Co. a $35 billion defense contract last week.
Zealots are trying to turn the military into a religious army. Mikey Weinstein is fighting back.
What it means when Obama says we have the world’s finest fighting force.
What the WikiLeaks revelations tell us about how Washington runs Pakistan.
Under Obama, the American war dead have, it seems, like the war they are now fighting, generally gone into the dustbin of news coverage.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- How the Senate Armed Services Committee Is Undermining Minsk II
- Stephen Cohen: We’re Living Through a Geopolitical Transition
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’