Nation Topics - US Military
News and Features
Four reasons why Pfc. Bradley Manning deserves the Presidential Medal of Freedom, not a prison cell.
When peace activists discovered that one of their fellow organizers was in fact a military informant, they decided to take their case to the courts.
Lieutenant Dan Choi joins The Nation to discuss his recent arrest and how restricting protest is just another way to suppress freedom of speech.
Three decades after we first decided to use Osama bin Laden and other imported Muslim zealots for our Cold War purposes, we feel cleansed by his death of any responsibility for his carnage.
Iraq War veteran Ethan McCord tells the story of the WikiLeaks "Collateral Murder" footage and how the incident made him certain that the US had no place fighting in the country.
Economic crisis, deficit mania and war weariness have created political momentum for big cuts to military spending.
“The gift that keeps on giving” should have been the headline on the Pentagon’s decision to award the Boeing Co. a $35 billion defense contract last week.
Zealots are trying to turn the military into a religious army. Mikey Weinstein is fighting back.
What it means when Obama says we have the world’s finest fighting force.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- White Noise, Black Politics
Facebook Like Box