Nation Topics - US Military
News and Features
Iraq Veterans Against the War and human rights organizations in both the US and Iraq are collecting signatures for a petition to pressure the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights to hold a hearing on the human rights impacts of US wars.
Here's how to turn the US-Mexican border into a war zone.
Director Kirby Dick and producer Amy Ziering tell The Nation what the military can do to prevent sexual assault.
Since the dawn of air power, supporters have advanced fantasies that, again and again, have failed to pan out—while civilians die in often staggering numbers.
Despite efforts to discredit him, Bradley Manning's extraordinary statement in court revealed that, like other whistleblowers, he was driven by his concern for the greater good.
Not once has Obama’s nominee voted to reject a defense budget.
The National Intelligence Community’s Global Trends report reveals a future of continued fearmongering and American exceptionalism.
The US military’s “Pacific Pivot” is raising tensions with China and prompting local resistance.
The US military’s aggressive Asia-Pacific strategy is escalating tensions with China and prompting local resistance throughout the region.
How can two generals be hailed as military heroes, when the wars they commanded failed spectacularly?
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box